Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Does Love make you great?

Hello Everyone,

    How was your day going on? Mine was quite boring today, coz I decided not to do anything interesting!! Ha Ha!!

    I was going through Harry Potter, not any book in particular. A
little of here and a little of there!! Kindly go through the following excerpt which explains what the main strength of Harry Potter is?
--x--

"Yes, I think so," said Dumbledore. "Without his Horcruxes, Voldemort will be a mortal man with a maimed and diminished soul. Never forget, though, that while his soul may be damaged beyond repair, his brain and his magical powers remain intact. It will take uncommon skill and power to kill a wizard like Voldemort even without his Horcruxes."

"But I haven't got uncommon skill and power," said Harry, before he could stop himself.

"Yes, you have," said Dumbledore firmly. "You have a power that Voldemort has never had.
You can --" "I know!" said Harry impatiently. "I can love!" It was only with difficulty that he stopped himself adding, "Big deal!"

"Yes, Harry, you can love," said Dumbledore, who looked as though he knew perfectly well
what Harry had just refrained from saying. "Which, given everything that has happened to you, is a great and
remarkable thing. You are still too young to understand how unusual you are, Harry."

"So, when the prophecy says that I'll have `power the Dark Lord knows not,' it just means -- love?" asked Harry, feeling a little let down.

"Yes -- just love," said Dumbledore. "But Harry, never forget that what the prophecy says is only significant because Voldemort made it so. I told you this at the end of last year.
Voldemort singled you out as the person who would be most dangerous to him -- and in doing so, he made you the person who would be most dangerous to him!"
--x--

    I have read fair amount of books. I feel, many a heroes are considered great coz they love viz Harry Potter, coz they care about their people viz Captain Shane Showfeild, Captian Jack West Jr, ... Is it ture? Will loving people around make you great? Will it help you become a hero?

    I just dunno. I know people who love. I know they are pretty famous in their own circles. I was just thinking, if a character loves not people but glory alone, fights and takes pain for glory earned the right way, will he/she also be great? What is your opinion? Kindly let me know!!


with warm regards
AllMyPosts

2 comments:

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

One can be famous(known) for a great many things. Love didn't make famous Harry famous. Surviving a horrible attack made him famous.
I'm sure those who love the deepest may never be famous, except to those they love and who love them.

M Pax said...

Love alone does not make a hero, but can make what skills she or he possesses greater. They say a great race horse has heart - something not all horses have. I think it's sort of like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...