This book is by George Orwell. The book explores the concept of communism from a different angle. In this book, animals in a farm revolt and drive away their human master. They decide that all animals are equal they are all brothers. What begins with enthusiastic note, turns into tragedy. Few pigs become the ruling class and keep on exploiting the animals in the name of common good. It is must read for everyone I believe.
Here is a small excerpt from the book Animal Farm. The animals make seven commandments for themselves and they are as follows
|Pig -- Seven Commandments|
- Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
- Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
- No animal shall wear clothes.
- No animal shall sleep in a bed.
- No animal shall drink alcohol.
- No animal shall kill any other animal.
- All animals are equal.
Well, if you have to make two commandments for yourself / your kids at home / your better half this very moment, what would they be?? Do let me know!!
My commandments would be simple
- No to alcohol (though I didn't yet start)
- Read at least 1000 words per day
with warm regards