Monday, August 22, 2011

What are you??

Morning Everyone,

 Hoping that you are having a great day and wishing you a great week ahead.

    The other day, I was going through, Chicken Soup For The Soul by Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen. The Chicken Soup series, is a collection of everyday stories of people like you and me but inspiring, motivating and fun to read. 

    Here is an extract from the book: A teacher speaking about his profession:

--x--

    I have wept for joy at the weddings of former students, laughed with glee at the birth of their children and stood with head bowed in grief and confusion by graves dug too soon for bodies far too young.

    Throughout the course of a day I have been called upon to be an actor, friend, nurse and doctor, coach, finder of lost articles, money lender, taxi driver, psychologist, substitute parent, salesman, politician and a keeper of the faith.

    I am a warrior, daily doing battle against peer pressure, negativity, fear, conformity, prejudice, ignorance and apathy. But I have great allies: Intelligence, Curiosity, Parental Support, Individuality, Creativity, Faith, Love and Laughter all rush to my banner with indomitable support


    And so I have a past that is rich in memories. I have a present that is challenging, adventurous and fun because I am allowed to spend my days with the future.

    I am a teacher ... and I thank God for it every day.


--x--

    This is what a teacher looks at herself as. Awe Inspiring right?? How many of us want to become a teacher this very moment? *ME*. Isn't the job of teacher a very very happy one? Isn't teacher, fortunate among all those who labor? My foot!! 


    This very teacher perceives her job as fortunate, her role as important. How many a teachers curse themselves for their job? Curse the students for being naughty / dumb / demanding / .. But this teacher is happy because, he perceives his job differently.


    How do you perceive yourself? Your job? Will change of attitude help you? Will things change in a minute? Just check out and let me know too!!!

with warm regards
Abhishek Boinapalli

4 comments:

Li said...

I work in alternative education. I see miracles everyday, as well as a lot of good old-fashioned work, sweat and tears. Sometimes teachers are the only ones standing between a kid and the streets, utter despair, or a life of crime. They don't just educate, they nurture, they protect, they inspire. I wouldn't want to do anything else, and if I won millions in the lottery I would continue to work - it's just that rewarding. :-)

Unknown said...

love it,

thanks for sharing...

please post your review at bluebell tonight for Tuesday fiction Review,
thanks for the support.

M Pax said...

How we look at things is everything. Great article.

PaulaSJwriter said...

As you know from my blog, I appreciate teachers very highly. This is a wonderful post. You have a good heart. I am pleased to know you, fellow campaigner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...