Monday, September 5, 2011

A brief Guide to Life -- ZEN HABITS

Hello Everyone,
  Hope everyone is enjoying life!! Well, I was kind of bored of late and was surfing the net about what to do when you are bored!! Came across the site ZEN HABITS.  Here is a post published on Zen Habits. Go through the same

--x--

a brief guide to life

‘A few strong instincts and a few plain rules suffice us.’~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Post written by Leo Babauta. Follow me on twitter or identica.
Life can be ridiculously complicated, if you let it. I suggest we simplify.
Thich Nhat Hanh’s quote, which I’ve stolen as this site’s subtitle, is the shortest guide to life you’ll ever need:
“Smile, breath, and go slowly.”
If you live your life by those five words, you’ll do pretty well. For those who need a little more guidance, I’ve distilled the lessons I’ve learned (so far) into a few guidelines, or reminders, really.
And as always, these rules are meant to be broken. Life wouldn’t be any fun if they weren’t.

the brief guide

less TV, more reading
less shopping, more outdoors
less clutter, more space
less rush, more slowness
less consuming, more creating
less junk, more real food
less busywork, more impact
less driving, more walking
less noise, more solitude
less focus on the future, more on the present
less work, more play
less worry, more smiles
breathe

--x--
The link to the article is here. Do you know any such website which I can keep going through, when I am bored? For now, I just found:

Let me know your suggestions!!


with warm regards
AllMyPosts

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think those are great suggestions. Nature has a way of calming me. I have a big backyard and all I have to do is spend five minutes walking around--life is better.

Just dropping by to say hi to a fellow Campaigner!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Smile, breathe, and go slowly. EXCELLENT advice! I need that written in marker somewhere I'll see ALL THE TIME.

Sarah Tokeley said...

Well, I've got seven of them down pat. I'll work on the others ;-)

Tom The Sailor said...

Zen Habits?

Rules for life??

they are for fools!! Life must be enjoyed to full without any such stupid rules!!

One life .. So No rules!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...