Friday, September 2, 2011

Flash Fiction Challenge -- Terrible Minds

Hello Everyone,

This post is in response to flash fiction challenge on TerribleMinds.com. Here are the rules

  • You got 100 words
  • Write a complete story, on revenge
  • Make the story as good as possible, so that the revenge builds along with story to burst out!!!
So, here is my stupid, silly but but original entry

--x--
    To a Seaman, merciless looting is romance, uniformed men are company and stories which inspire chill are trophies, but I took to sees, for family, who would stick to each other, irrespective of anything.

    I enjoyed the voyage always and stood strong for myself, for my heart and for my dreams, behind the skull and bones, on the decks of Moby, never bothering about count of barrels of rum needed. 

    Today, I am not on Moby. I am walking into hell to bite, more than what I can chew. I grew old and the strength of my youth left me. There is one man, for whom I am doing this, to tell him, that I wouldn't call him son again after his act of insolence. 
--x--

    What do you say? Can you understand the feelings? Have I conveyed? I don't think, people call it story right?? It is much like thoughts of a man right? Bear with me!!
 
        Wanna read through other stories which I wrote for terribleminds?? Dig in here:


with warm regards
AllMyPosts

10 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely response to a 100 word challenge.

http://bluebellbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/meet-our-writers-week-4-on-allmypost.html

your interview posted.
Happy Friday.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

I think the emotions came through very well.
What are stories but thoughts broght forth from the mind.

Happy Friday!

Sarah Tokeley said...

I like writing where every last thing is not explained. Give me the idea and let me fill in the details. I like this :-)

angie Brooksby-Arcangioli said...

Love how he always enjoyed the journey

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Wanted to come over and say hi to a fellow campaigner. Nice to meet you and please consider me a new follower.

These 100 word flashes are tough! I've done a few, and really respect those who tackle them.

Nice job here!

Damon said...

great post
+follow

Anonymous said...

I love that you name the ship Moby. That name just connotes all kinds of revenge by itself!

Doralynn Kennedy said...

Hello from a fellow campaigner in the thriller/suspense group. A ship named Moby. That's interesting. It makes me think I'm listening to Captain Ahab himself -- after his death at the bottom of the sea with Moby Dick. I do think you're right. This is more the thoughts of a man within a story... and not so much the story itself. Yet, it does tell a story, and it does convey the man's feelings very well.

Anonymous said...

Pirates. Gotta love 'em.

Abhishek said...

@Everyone,

thanks for your kind words!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...