Monday, April 9, 2012

H for Hi-Power

Hello All,

  Hope your weekend went well. Hi-Power doesn't look like the name of a weapon right? Well, it actually is. Hi-Power, HP, BAP *Browning Automatic Pistol* are the various names given to Browning Hi-Power pistol, the most widely used military pistol of all times. As always, I am participating in the A-Z blogging challenge and posting about weapons. You can find more here

Browning Automatic Pistol
   If you ever need a pistol that is compact, has at-least 10 rounds in its disconnect-able magazine, safe, robust in design, simple to assemble and disassemble and can kill a man at 50 meters, then Hi-Power is for you.

  Dear Weapon geek *aka weapon freaks*, the specifications, as mentioned by Wikipedia which can interest you are as follows:
Browning Hi-Power Pistol
Weight 1.0 kg (2.19 lb)
Length 197 mm (7.8 in)
Barrel length 118 mm (4.7 in)

Cartridge
  • 9x19mm Parabellum
  • 7.65x21mm Parabellum
  • .40 S&W
Action Short recoil operated
Rate of fire Semi-automatic
Muzzle velocity 335 m/s (1,100 ft/s) (9mm)
Effective range 50 m
Feed system Detachable box magazine; capacities:
  • 13 rounds (9mm)[1]
  • 10 rounds (.40 S&W)
Hi-Power

   So, in simple words, the range, the weight and the accuracy of the Hi-Power are its pros. To my knowledge Desert Eagle is the only weapon in this class that beats Hi-Power in popularity among geeks.

    Ever shot one? Ever tested one? Love the looks of the gun? If you were to choose a gun what would its specifications be? What would it be?

with warm regards
Abhishek Boinapalli

10 comments:

Pa Ul said...

pen is mightier than the sword
do check out my G at GAC a-z

Sarah Tokeley said...

This looks like a powerful weapon. I wouldn't have the first idea how to choose a gun!

Misha Gerrick said...

Interesting A to Z theme! I'm definitely going to check these out when I'm writing something requiring a gun. :-D

Sonia Lal said...

interesting. One of fav characters, Anita Blake, has a browning but now I realize I don't know which one. Me, I would have no idea how to choose a gun.


Sonia Lal, A to Z challenge

Georgina Morales said...

I don't like fire weapons, mostly because I'm afraid of them, hence I know nothing about them. I also write horror and my characters usually die at the hands of demons or ghosts, so guns are clearly not on my spectrum. It is interesting, though. Thanks for this.

From Diary of a Writer in Progress

Jeremy Bates said...

This is a nice weapon. I would prefer a Colt model 1917 .45 pistol. Sure, the range sucks (you can't hit a can at 10 meters), but when you do fire the firearm you get 100% results.

Most pistol experts are cognizant of the short distance one is able to shoot, and thus many choose a weapon like the .357 or .44 or .45 for the best results.

Rare are the shots that exceed 25 meters, especially when dealing with foes. Indeed, most defensive shots are at close quarters. Ergo, I choose the 1917. Hell, even if I did miss, the shot would scare the bejesus out of the culprit. lol

Nice post!

Sharkbytes said...

I read about them all the time. Now I know what it looks like. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

Abhishek said...

@Everyone,

thanks a lot for the over-whelming responses!!

I do love you all!!

I am trying to visit you all and leave a comment or two ... but most of the time .. I have a problem / two with the comment form .. not loading / not visible / so on!!

thanks once again for your comments and words of appreciation!!

GUNJAN said...

from my stand point of the best weapon systems in the world from a pistol,rifle,assult rifle,sub machine gun,and machine gun are German made hands down alot of people do not see that almost all of the firearms made are designed mostly off of German firearms.

Justin The Wizard said...

I still prefer the desert eagle to this one!!

Ain't desert eagle the equivalent of MOAB when it comes to guns??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...