Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Author Interview -- Gregory Allen

Hello All,

 Today I have Gregory Allen the author of Patch Work Of Me from Orange Berry Book Tours. Here are a few rapid fire questions to him and his honest answers:
  --x--
If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future?
I love time travel books and movies so I would have to go back in time. Check out those periods before technology over took our worlds (he says writing on a computer).

If you could invite any 5 people to dinner who would you choose?
Augusten Burroughs
Hilary Clinton
Barbra Streisand
Anderson Cooper
Anne Rice

If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?
Potatoes - my favorite food
iPad - with a loaded kindle app
A bar a soap - I like to be clean, what can I say?

What is one book everyone should read?
Such a loaded question because we all have different taste. I love the book Bid Time Return…but most know it as the movie Somewhere in Time

If you were a superhero what would your name be?
Over-Achiever Man

If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose?
Abraham Lincoln

What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Cereal. And I'm not picky about the kind: just love the stuff!

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
I write about real people, the way they really speak, and allow readers to discover things about themselves in the process.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects? 
I have a few other adult novels I'm working on, but also marketing my children's book right now.

What inspired you to want to become a writer?
I first wrote for the stage. But after reading Running With Scissors - I knew I wanted to tackle stories off the stage.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
The fact that readers can reach you directly and let you know how your work made them feel or touched them. Nothing gets better than that.

What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
There are rules…and there are times to bend them. Stay true to who you are.

What is your favorite Quote?
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

How did you know you should become an author?
I was a story teller as an actor, director, producer, stage writer … I knew I needed to get these stories out of my head and share them.

Who are your favorite authors of all time?
At the risk of offending many female writers that I love - John Irving, Augusten Burroughs, Richard Matheson, Armistead Maupin, Tennessee Williams 

--x--

Wishing him luck with his book
Abhishek Boinapalli

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...