Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Author Interview – Suzanne Anderson

Hello All,

Suzanne Anderson
Today, I am hosting Suzanne Anderson, the author of Mrs. Tuesday's Departure as a part of OrangeBerryBookTours. Here are a few random questions and some answers filled with humor, wit and Suzanne Anderson.

--x--

If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future?
France: 1850 – 1950. Just think of what was accomplished in art and literature during that period. Amazing!


If you could invite any 5 people to dinner who would you choose?
Jesus
Picasso
Leonardo Di Vinci
Shakespeare
Jacques Cousteau

If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?
A big boat to get us off the island
A fully stocked kitchen and wine cabinet on the boat
An interesting companion to share the voyage


Mrs. Tuesday's Departure

What is one book everyone should read?
The Bible. Whether you are religious or not, reading it and embracing its basic principles will make you a more gentle, happier, peaceful person.


Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
I hope that it will bring you pleasure and touch your heart.



Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
Yes! I’m completing a children’s chapter book, God Loves You, -Chester Blue, which will be out in August. I can’t wait! And then I have another women’s novel that will be published in the fall.


If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world.. which would it be?
I’d love to try life in a Jane Austen novel, or a steamy historical romance.


What's the best advice anyone has ever given you?
When you fail, you are given a choice: If you quit, you lose. If you continue on, you win. So, never give up.

Telling Stories

How do you react to a bad review?
If the criticism is valid, I use it to improve my book or my work-in-progress. If someone takes the time to write a thoughtful review, even if it is negative, I believe it is valuable to an author.


If you were a bird, which one would you be?
An eagle. I admire their beauty and strength.


You have won one million dollars what is the first thing that you would buy?
A beachfront house on Friday Harbor, one of the most beautiful places in America. I currently live in the mountains, but I also love the ocean.


Which authors have influenced you most, how?
Hemingway’s descriptions are incredible. e.e. cummings is a wonderful romantic. Dr. Suess has a wonderfully joyful view of the world.

What do you do in your free time?
Get lost in a good book. Or take my dogs to the off-leash dog trails. Both are wonderful ways to unwind.


Who or what inspired you to become an author?
The desire to create stories for others, which hopefully bring them the same joy I feel when I read a wonderful book. Does that make sense?


--x--

Well Well, looks like I exhausted my questions. Hoping the stars would bestow all success on Suzanne Anderson and her book

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...