Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sensational Haiku Wednesday

Hello Everyone,

    The world of writing is marvelous. There is fun in it and I can keep on going all by myself. But all of you, my dear friends have made the world more fun for me. Due to hell lot of writing contents, writing prompts and challenges. 

     Here is one such challenge called "Sensational Haiku Wednesday" hosted by JENN on her website. The concept is very simple. Jenn puts up a theme for a week on her blog. We are all supposed to create Haiku based on the theme. Haiku is simply put, is a three sentence, non-rhyming poem where in the the lines have 5, 7 and 5 syllables respectively. 

     The theme for this week is SHADOW. So here is my Haiku, I just developed it using the lot of Haikus posted by Jenn on her site and with help of WordCalc for my grammar and knowledge of syllables is real poor.

--x--
For just one sweet day
when I do gaze so intently
and finally see, dear you

Can you too sense my thoughts,
what do I truly mean to you, my
lovely dear shadow
--x--

How is that?? Sensible?? Good enough to say that I should keep moving and try to improve? Or ??

with warm regards
AllMYPosts

4 comments:

Kasala said...

Thats pretty sensible and good one too.
Keep posting

Regards
My Special One

Donna said...

Pics are great with your word choice. Gazing is such a "dreamy" term it makes me become more aware of my surroundings...something I'm not so good at..so thank you for that!

Keep up the writing and the sharing. Looking forward to reading more. All my best.

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

A few too many syllables, but a good start! :)

I will fix your link to point to this post instead of your newer one.

Welcome to Sensational Haiku Wednesday.

nutschell said...

good first try! language does tend to get in the way of things, especially if you're an ESL (english as a second language) person. good luck!
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...