Saturday, February 4, 2012

Songs -- Military Non Fiction

Hello Everyone,

   Kicked off the weekend in all glory? Enjoying?  Well, that is the case with me!! I started this weekend with what I love the most *read reading military non-fiction*.  I am now currently reading A Rumor Of War by Philip Caputo.

   Here is a funny song, usually sung by the Marines. Just go through the lyrics here:





--x--
I gotta gal that lives on a hill ...
    Oh, Little Liza, Little Liza Ja-ane.
She wont' do it but her sister will...
        Little Liza Jane.
        Whoa-oh-oh-oh Little Liza, Little Liza Jane
        Oh, Little Liza, Little Liza Ja-ane.
I gotta gal in Lackawanna...
    Oh, Little Liza, Little Liza Ja-ane
She knows but she don't wanna...
        Little Liza Jane.
        Whoa-oh-oh-oh Little Liza, Little Liza Jane
        Oh, Little Liza, Little Liza Ja-ane
--x--

Interesting right? I can't imagine how wonderful a sight it is when a bunch of Marines sing it, just like a cry of defiance. How proud you would be when the Marines after humping through miles and miles of wilderness in intense heat / severe cold with forty pounds on their back and they still sing and you understand that nothing can subdue them at all. 


God willing, someday I guess, I will live like that. You ever saw Marines / Uniformed Men singing some of those songs? Liked them? Got any lyrics / vedios to share with me?

with warm regards
Abhishek Boinapalli

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...