Saturday, July 14, 2012

Author Interview - Shannon Mayer

Morning All,
   Hope you had a great week and are about to enjoy the weekend. Today, I have Shannon Mayer, the author of Sundered giving us a small interview.

--x--
What inspired you to want to become a writer?
I think it runs in my blood, my mother fed that by encouraging me to read books way beyond my age which only pushed me further into the world of the imagination. So, I guess it’s my mom’s fault.


Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
Anytime I get a 4 or 5 star review, I just feel the flush of knowing that what I’m doing/writing, is making people happy. That is an incredible feeling.

What was your favorite book when you were a child/teen?
The Chronicles of Narnia, but of course! What proper writer of fantasy would say anything else?


When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
A veterinarian for a long time. I was always told that there wasn’t a real job in being a writer, it was what you did for fun or a hobby. Then I grew up and realized that my stories were not only cool ideas, but that with some effort and learning, my writing wasn’t half bad either ;p


What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
Just keep at it, the only way you will fail is if you give up. Don’t worry about hard critiques and one star ratings, all authors get them, in fact, I would warrant that until you get a one star rating, you are still a baby in this business :-)

What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?
I don’t have time for these things any more! LOL. But I am looking forward to Laurel K Hamilton’s new release in the summer, her books are always fun.

How do you react to a bad review?
It’s just a part of the process. If there is constructive words, take them, try to apply them to my writing. That’s all you can do, everyone is entitled to their opinion, you just have to as an author, suck it up and take the good with the bad. If you can’t, you’re probably in the wrong business.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
The sequel to “Dark Waters”, “Dark Isle” will be out in June if all continues to go well, then I have the third book in that trilogy set to be released in July. After that I have two standalone full length novels, (both urban fantasy) set to be released. In September is “Priceless” the story of a Tracker who hunts down children kidnapped by supernaturals, and in December “The Chronicles of Sin” follows Toni, a woman who carries Gluttony within her and how she sets out to free herself from her vice.


One food you would never eat?
Balut (don’t know if I’m even spelling it right) It’s when you eat an egg that has a partially formed chick in it. GAG.


--x--
Wishing Shannon Mayer all the luck,
Abhishek Boinapalli

1 comments:

Jade Hart said...

Heya, I came over for the bloghop, but I enjoyed the interview :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...