Sunday, August 19, 2012

Author Interview -- PG Forte

Hello All,

Today, I also have PG Forte the author of Scent of Roses, answering a few questions for us. Here we go:

--x--
Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book. 
Because it will (hopefully) transport you to a world that’s almost like this one, only better.


Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
I always have books in the works. Right now, I’m working on the next book in my Children of Night (vampire) series along with a steampunk, a sci-fi and a short holiday story.


What inspired you to want to become a writer?
I don’t know. I’ve always written. Before I could write, I made up stories in my head. I like to think it has something to do with my part Irish background. Maybe there were Bards in my family tree?


Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
Having a reader tell me she loves my books. And, yes, it’s actually happened a couple of times now, but it’s always such an amazing surprise. I love it.

Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters?

Oh, yeah. For Scout and Nick both Your Wildest Dreams and I Know You’re Out There Somewhere by the Moody Blues. For their love scenes: El Farol by Santana. For the fair scenes, Equos Fair by David Arkenstone and for general atmosphere, the soundtrack from the movie A Walk on the Moon.


What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
I’ve said this many times, but I still believe it’s true. “You don’t have to write the best book in the world, just the best book that’s in you.” Too many would-be authors stay would-be authors because they never finish that first book. Write the best book you can and then, when that’s done, sit down and write the next book. And make that one the best you can write—you, not someone else, just you.



Can you see yourself in any of your characters?
Oh, yeah. I see a lot of me in most of them…not the psychos so much, I hope. lol! I actually worry sometimes about how much like me they seem.



Finish the sentence- one book I wish I had written is....
Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier. I love the characters, the settings, the conceit of never even naming your main character, the whole idea of how much power some people can wield, even from beyond the grave. Oh, and it’s got one of the most memorable opening lines of all time.
--x--
Wishing all success to Scent of the Roses
Abhishek Boniapalli

1 comments:

PG Forte said...

Thanks so much for hosting me here today, Abhishek!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...