Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Author Interview Shaunda Kennedy Wneger

Morning All,

Today we have Shaunda Kennedy Wneger the author of Reality Bites: Tales of A Half-Vampire answering a few questions for us. Here we go
--x--
What is one book everyone should read?
Mine! After they’ve read THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES by Sue Monk Kidd

If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose?
Albert Einstein, for the purpose of a character study. How would does a person of extraordinary genius behave, interact, and converse? Without a doubt, I’d walk away having learned something.

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
My stories not only entertain; they are designed to inspire and empower—they should leave the reader feeling better for having read them.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
I will be publishing another children’s chapter book, Brindle, Bramble and Bob, this fall. I am writing another middle grade novel set in New Hampshire, involving a girl, a cafĂ©, and a bit of magic.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
Having readers tell me they love my books.

How did you know you should become an author?
When I finished my Masters of Science degree at Colorado State University, I got a call from an author asking me to help write a Natural History Guide of Rocky Mountain National Park. My reaction was a resounding, “Yes! Finally I have time to write!”  …That was a big hint that maybe I should step away from a career in scientific research and dip into creative works.

Nickname?  
My students call me “Wanghead,” for the silly stories I tell when trying to teach them scientific concepts…. I’m not sure if it’s a good thing for an “adult” to admit to having such a nickname.

How did you celebrate the sale of your first book?
With an anxiety attack.  I realized people were actually going to be reading my book (The Book Lover’s Cookbook, Recipes from Celebrated Works of Literature and the Passages That Feature Them,) and some of those people might be grumpy.
--x--
Wishing Shaunda Kennedy Wneger all success
Abhishek Boinapalli

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...