Saturday, August 25, 2012

Author Interview -- Waiting Game

Morning All,

Today I have JL Ficks & JE Dugue the authors of Waiting Game donig an author interview for us. Here we go:



--x--

When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
A white Michael Jordan. I fell well short of that mark…

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
Because Dark Elven assassins are cool…

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
J. L. Ficks: My three-year-old son felt he needed to defend my book from others. He saw me checking so many proofs that when we finally took it to market, he’d tear a book out of a buyer’s hands and say, “That’s my daddy’s book!” Of course, I kept my son from truly stealing anyone’s Covent purchases, but I was deeply touched by his small-hearted devotion to his father nonetheless.

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world.. which would it be?
J. L. Ficks: Mmmm…maybe Candy Land provided I could go in under a guaranteed “don’t get fat” clause. Definitely not Covent…I would get killed far too fast in my world!

What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
J. L. Ficks: Put something on a page. I have a lot of aspiring authors who ask me how I produce so much content (I’ve got the full manuscripts done for over four books and I’m still going). I always tell them to never stare at a blank page. If you’re not feeling it, sketch out an outline or write some dialogue like it’s a screenplay. Just don’t EVER do nothing because you’ll get a whole lot of nowhere. Ideas can get other ideas flowing so just put something on a page. A skeleton of a story can form before you put the real meat on the body. You just might need that framework to get your creativity going.

Hidden talent?
J. L.: I can climb an 11/12 pitch roof without ropes or a harness. I’ve had roofers offer me jobs, seriously. I was a Catastrophe Adjuster for over half a decade. Sometimes I take my laptop up on my roof and pop out a few chapters. Ok, ok, that last part was kind of a stretch.

If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
J. L. Ficks: The Great Fool. I like the irony of it. Plus, my imagination just sweeps me away, which causes me to walk into the occasional wall because I’m too busy daydreaming. Dang that hurt!

Who or what inspired you to become an author?
J. L. Ficks: Each other. J. E. grew up together. Our imaginations feed off one another. We used to spend hours in our childhood just venturing around town and dreaming up all sort of crazy boaaaaaaayhood adventures. Writing just naturally followed as we found more mature ways to express our imaginations.

--x--

Do not forget to enter the following giveaway


Wishing Waiting Game all success
Abhishek Boinapalli

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...