I just came across the Chrysalis Experiment. A writing challenge in itself, to write a short story ( 1k - 10k words) in a week based on the prompt of the week. Cool concept right??? Don't forget to check them out here
The questions I am about to answer in the survey include
- What are your current writing habits? Do you have any larger projects in the works?
- Name three things you love about your own writing and three skills that you would like to work on this year. Do you have a list of writing goals for 2011?
I love my writing in spite of anything else for simple reason that I put the effort myself and I write for myself only. I intend to develop on writing dialogue, making the dialogue as natural as possible and do lot of research for military based themes. Yeah, I have goals which can be summarized as "Become disciplined, write 250 words per day"
- What do you find inspiring?
When people tell me how good I write, I am inspired to do better. When someone says, my work is weird, I feel happy too. When I read a good book, I am inspired to write something good like that one day
- What sort of things do you currently do to improve your writing?
I am reading books on military fiction these days. Better say, I am observing them consciously. I am also following lot of blogs on writing and tips
- Are you currently looking for a critique partner or beta readers? If so, what qualities would you like in a critique partner or beta reader?
Critique partner / Beta readers are welcome. I would be happy if they are honest.
Isn't the experiment challenging and interesting in itself?? Why don't you join the same???
with warm regards