Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chrysalis Experiment Survey

Hello Everyone,

      I just came across the Chrysalis Experiment. A writing challenge in itself, to write a short story ( 1k - 10k words) in a week based on the prompt of the week. Cool concept right??? Don't forget to check them out here

The questions I am about to answer in the survey include
  • What are your current writing habits?  Do you have any larger projects in the works?
         I write whenever I feel like. I usually spend 3 hrs per week on writing. I am planning to  write at least 250 words per day. Trying to discipline myself. Not so easy.
  • Name three things you love about your own writing and three skills that you would like to work on this year.  Do you have a list of writing goals for 2011? 
         I love my writing in spite of anything else for simple reason that I put the effort myself and I write for myself only. I intend to develop on writing dialogue, making the dialogue as natural as possible and do lot of research for military based themes. Yeah, I have goals which can be summarized as "Become disciplined, write 250 words per day"
  • What do you find inspiring?
         When people tell me how good I write, I am inspired to do better. When someone says, my work is weird, I feel happy too. When I read a good book, I am inspired to write something good like that one day
  • What sort of things do you currently do to improve your writing?
         I am reading books on military fiction these days. Better say, I am observing them consciously.  I am also following lot of blogs on writing and tips
  • Are you currently looking for a critique partner or beta readers?  If so, what qualities would you like in a critique partner or beta reader?
        Critique partner / Beta readers are welcome. I would be happy if they are honest.

 
Isn't the experiment challenging and interesting in itself?? Why don't you join the same??? 


with warm regards
AllMyPosts

1 comments:

Angela said...

The experiment is challenging, but since I'm up to my eyeballs in writing projects right now, I think I need to concentrate on those.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...