Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Excerpt from Lone Survivor

Hello Everyone,
  
       For the A - Z blogfest, today I intend to post a excerpt from the novel Lone Survivor. This is the story of the only survivor of Operation Redwing, SEAL team leader Marcus Luttrell, and the extraordinary firefight that led to the largest loss of life in American Navy SEAL history as per goodreads.com

I know, I know, I didn't post any excerpt for the letters J and K. I will do it soon. I am just trying to read the right book. I found Lone Survivor today and am reading it right now too!!!


--x--
    So while I'm on the subject I'll explain how a farm boy from the backwoods of East Texas came to be made a petty officer first class and a team leader in the U.S. Navy SEALs.

     The short explanation is probably talent, but I don't  have any more of that than the next guy. In fact, my natural born assets are very average. I'm  pretty big, which was an accident of birth. I'm  pretty strong, because a lot of other people took a lot of trouble training me, and I'm  unbelievably determined, because when you're as naturally un-gifted as I am, you have to keep driving forward, right?

       I'll outwork anyone. I'll just go on and on until t    he dust clears. Then I'm  usually the only one left standing. As an athlete, I'm not very fast, but I'm  kind of sharp. I know where to be, I'm  good at anticipating things, and I guess that's  why I was a halfway decent sportsman.

     Give me a golf ball and I can hit that sucker a country mile. That's  because golf is a game that requires practice, practice, and more practice. That's  my brand of doggedness. I can do that. I play to a reasonable handicap, although I wasn't  born a Ben Hogan or anything
--x--

     I am not naturally gifted at anything other than making a glutton of myself. I gotta work with all my heart for accomplishment even the smallest of achievements. Statements like this, keep ringing in my head for quite sometime and try to keep me motivated. What keeps you motivated?? When you know, that there is someone who is out flanking you and out smarting you, what ever you are doing??

with warm regards
AllMyPosts

1 comments:

George Clinton said...

Well Well ...

The author and his mates are very accomplished men!! It might not be a good idea to compare yourself with the characters!!

Better try something simple!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...