Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Embarrassing Phone Call

Hello Everyone,

         How is everything at your end?? Hope it is fine. Today, for the A - Z blog challenge, I am supposed to post an excerpt from novel, whose name starts with J. But to my folly, I didn't read any such book. I will find something suitable by evening I guess!! 

       It was very cool of Ms. Sylvia Ney to drop in by my blog yesterday. Her blog Writing In Wonderland is marvelous.  She has a small fun exercise for all us there. Just check out. This is a writing exercise to get us into the right frame of mind for a interview or scene. So here it is

     "You've accidentally dialed the wrong phone number, but the person who answers sounds familiar. Immediately he/she recognizes you, but because you made the call you're too embarrassed to ask who it is. Using only dialogue, ask questions (interview) to figure out who you are talking too."

--x--

"Hello,   Good Morning!!"
"Ha! How nice to hear from you OldMan" OldMan?? Lisa doesn't call me OldMan. Who can it be?
"How do you do?"
"Fine Thanks OldMan. And You?"
"Fine. Just called to check how is everything"

"How nice of you. How is everything at your end? Published anything of late?"
"Well, not really. Rejections and Rejections. Are you free this weekend?"
"Hmmm .. Ha! Why?"
"Well, can we meet for lunch?"
"You are in New York now?"
"Nope, but gonna come down this weekend. So where shall we meet?"
"At the usual, at the coffee day. Ha! I gotta go OldMan, call you later"

"Hey, just a sec. How much do I owe you? I can't remember it"
"OldMan, you owe me a lot. Probably a million dollars in all"
"My goodness, was I so drunk the other day, that I took a million dollars in loan from you?? Ha Ha!! Good One!!"
"Ha Ha!! Really gotta go!! Don't forget to bring the million dollars!! Okay"
"Yeah, GodSpeed to you and your endaviours. Good Bye Honey"
"Honey?? Cut it bro!! Bye"
--x--

      Well, I couldn't find out who it is. There can be hell lot of people I know in New York right? And it is probably a boy because he called me bro. Well, again the voice tells somethings. This is all I can muster. How you do handle the issue??

with warm regards 
AllMyPosts

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun exercise! I recently wrote my first dialog-only short story for a creative writing contest. It's not as easy as it looks! Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. Have a great Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

LOL, fun exercise!

Gujjari said...

Wonderful post.

Misha Gerrick said...

Hehe sounds like a fun exercise. :-)

Crystal Collier said...

See, this is why I e-mail (terrible case of # dyslexia). =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...